Apprentice Security Engineer – No Experience Required – Full Circuit Fire and Security – Blackburn
Employer: Full Circuit Fire and Security Ltd
Area: Blackburn with Darwen (or Lancashire)
Employment Type: Full Time
Established in 1981, Full Circuit Fire and Security Ltd is one of the leading independent security system companies in Blackburn with Darwen and surrounding areas. Locally known as Blackburn Alarms, we are SSAIB and BAFE accredited installer and maintainer of electronic security and fire detection systems in commercial, public sector and residential sites across the Lancashire.
Due to company’s expansion we are offering an exciting opportunity for motivated individuals to join our Security Engineers team and become a qualified Security Engineer. No previous experience required.
As an Apprentice Security Engineer, you will be fully supported in undertaking a range of on the job and college based learning to become a Qualified Security Engineer. Full Circuit Fire and Security will provide you with a solid foundation for a rewarding and lasting career. We believe that everyone working here has the potential to progress and you will be supported by our big commitment to your ongoing training and further development. Once you have qualified, you will be able to apply for a professional Security Engineer role.
On the job responsibilities and training will involve working with an installation engineer on various systems including intruder alarm systems, access control, fire alarm and CCTV systems.
Day to day you will be immersed in a mixture of response to high security, commercial and domestic premises. The work can be challenging, and will include working with ladders at height, in tight spaces possibly under floors and above ceilings. We take safety seriously so will ensure that you have all the necessary safety training and we’ll provide you with the essential PPE for such tasks.
Throughout your training you will need to be able to make and keep thorough written notes on what you are involved with. Alongside your on-the-job training you must be dedicated in attending college classes to embed your skills and knowledge and work towards achieving a recognised qualification.
Working hours: Mon – Fri 8:30-16:30 (amendments to working hours and ‘on call’ rotations are likely to be required as you progress through the apprenticeship).
- A keen interest in Engineering / Security
- A willingness to attend necessary training throughout the Apprenticeship at a specified college, as determined by the requirements of the programme.
- Teamwork, creative thinking, integrity and accountability are fundamental to your success
- Positive and friendly personality
- Respect punctuality and own your responsibility
- Hold at least a provisional UK driving license
What we offer?
- On-site training and college classes
- Reimbursed out of pocket expenses
- Career opportunities
- Additional benefits
Fire and Security Engineer in Blackburn
Looking for a new and exciting challenge in a rapidly growing fast-paced customer-focused Facilities Management business where you can grow your career at a rapid pace too?
Following recent contract wins supporting national clients, an exciting opportunity has been created for an experienced Fire & Security Engineer join the ever-expanding team based out of our Blackburn offices.
Purpose of the Role:
To work within our team of engineers on the Installation and Servicing of CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Access Control and Fire Alarms systems across the North West within the domestic and commercial sectors.
- Installation of Intruder Alarm, CCTV and Fire Systems in domestic and commercial premises
- Servicing of Intruder Alarm and Fire Systems in domestic and commercial premises
- Reactive repairs and maintenance of Intruder Alarms, Fire and Access Control systems when faults are reported
Experience and Competencies:
You should have the following skills, experience and competencies:
- Proven experience within the security industry in the installation and servicing of Intruder Alarms, CCTV and Fire Alarm Systems – 3 years experience minimum
- Knowledge of fire and security systems
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate professionally with colleagues and customers
- Loyal and enthusiastic team player
- Proactive with a desire and attitude to learn and develop
- Full UK Driving License (required)
What you’ll get in return:
- £26,000 to £29,000 starting salary depending on experience
- £35,000 OTE including commission, on call and overtime pay
- Company van and fuel card
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Training and career progression opportunities
Job Type: Full-time